As the cost of energy rises and awareness on renewable energy increases, municipalities are seeking solutions that save money and meet renewable requirements. Iltekno can provide a renewable energy solution through combined heat and power (CHP) technology that results in long-term savings for wastewater treatment plants. Alternatively, biogas plants can convert biogas to electricity with the help of gas engines to provide renewable clean electricity into the local grid. Iltekno’s turnkey solutions provide the complete power generation system for waste water treatment plants. From containerized systems to building type configurations, clean energy with the help of gas engines can be presented.
Benefits of CHP at wastewater treatment plants;
- Generation of electricity and heat from a sewage water treatment plants
- Reduction in carbon emissions especially compared to aerobic sewage treatment
- Economical onsite electrical power production and reduced transmission losses
- Production of a low-carbon fertiliser / soil improver
- Cost effective production of electricity.